POSITION: EDUCATIONAL DIRECTOR
PROGRAM: UPPER MANHATTAN- Therapeutic Preschool
SBL/SDL Certification required
Have familiarity with IEP’s in order to ensure that the goals are met through daily instruction. Have knowledge and understanding of behavioral interventions in the classroom for children with behavioral problems. Have knowledge of the various disabilities that will be encountered in the classroom.
SKILLS & QUALITIES:
- Dedication to the field of special needs for preschool children.
- Strong leadership/supervisory skills.
- Connections with NYC CPSE is a plus.
- Ability to motivate others including parents and teaching staff.
- Knowledge of DOE systems.
- Strong communication, critical thinking, and organizational skills.
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of staff in building the program.
- Program and Professional Supervision – collaborate with Director.
- Related Services Coordination – collaborate with accountant.
- IDEA Grant – collaborate with accountant.
- IEP Reviews.
- Transportation Coordination – collaborate with transportation coordinator.
- Professional Development/Parent Training – collaborate with Director.
And any and all other duties as may be required for the safe, efficient and effective operation of the agency.
REPORTS TO: Program Director
PROGRAM: CHILDREN’S OUTPATIENT DEPARTMENT
HOURS: 35 per week, Monday – Friday; some evenings and Saturdays required Social Work Supervisor LCSW Child/Adolescent Clinic.
Experience working with children and adolescents. Bilingual preferred, some evening and Saturdays required. At least five (5) years experience in working with children, adolescents and families. Previous supervisory and administrative experience, knowledge of city and state regulations, procedures and policies pertaining to children’s services.
- Supervise interns and LMSWs
- Carry small caseload
- Complete all required documentation per NYS and agency quality management and utilization review protocols,
- Coordinate unit utilization review and quality management activities.
- Conduct outreach and staff training
- Participate in disposition meetings, staff meetings agency trainings and grand rounds.
SUPERVISORY RELATIONSHIP: Report directly to the Unit Director
POSITION: SOCIAL WORKER
UNION STATUS: (Union Position)
PROGRAM: CHEMICAL DEPENDENCE SERVICES
HOURS: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday -Friday; One evening per week required
Masters in Social Work, New York State License LCSW required and CASAC / or obtain CASAC within one year from date of hire and two (2) years postmasters experience, including a minimum of one (l) year experience in an Alcoholism outpatient facility. MUST BE FLUENT WRITING/SPEAKING SPANISH AND ENGLISH.
- Conduct intake evaluations and psychosocial intake assessments. Develop treatment plan and prepare treatment plan reviews.
- Provide individual, group and family treatment.
- Participate as a member of an interdisciplinary treatment team, and assist in establishing treatment plans.
- Conduct or participate in seminars and workshops for community education/prevention and outreach.
- Participate in in-service training and education programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
SUPERVISORY RELATIONSHIP: Report to the Unit Director; supervised by the Clinical Supervisor
- Social Worker (LMSW or LCSW)
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
- Special Education Teacher (Masters in Teaching, NYS Teachers License with Certification in Children with Disabilities Ages 0-2nd grade)
- Occupational Therapist
- Physical Therapist
- Care Managers
- Speech Therapist
- Psychiatrist (MD, Board Eligible or Certified)
- Nurse Practitioner
- School Building Leader
In all positions, Spanish language proficiency is a beneficial skill. For all healthcare positions, individuals must be licensed to practice in New York State.