SENIOR DIRECTOR, FINANCE
We are seeking a Senior Director of Finance with knowledge of the principles of financial management, clinic financial and budgetary practices, and the ability to analyze financial data and patterns, prepare financial statements, etc. Ideal candidates will possess a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making and the ability to apply these skills towards strategic business objectives and employee performance objectives. Experience with governmental and health care fiscal regulations and reporting required.
- Interacts with management staff in developing the strategic plan and its financial planning component.
- Oversees and directs budgeting, purchasing, long-range forecasting, and insurance activities for the organization.
- Evaluates the organization's financial position and issues periodic reports on the organization's financial stability, liquidity, and growth.
- Develops and implements financial policies and procedures and ensures compliance.
- Assures implementation of internal controls and generally accepted accounting procedures.
- Oversees and directs the revenue department.
- Supervises the analysis of costs and makes rate recommendations to ensure appropriate income/cash flow.
- Track financial Key Performance Indicators, analyze and report trends.
- Manage all financial audit activities.
- Supervise the finance department day-to-day transactions.
- Ensure that the organization is prepared to effectively respond financially and administratively to NY State mandated changes in the provision of health and mental health services through managed care.
- Analyze and present all financial reports, including monthly and annual statements.
- Prepare all financial, program and grants accounting including grant proposal budgets.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, prepare all analysis.
- Lead annual budgeting process; administer and review all program financial, plans and budgets.
- Prepare monthly Cash Flow.
- Prepare monthly P&L.
- All QuickBooks/bookkeeping entries including A/P, C/R.
- Clearly present all financial matters to the Executive Director and the Board of Directors.
- Industry knowledge of health system finance; mental health organizations, and health reimbursement.
- Direct the annual budget development process in concert with the CEO and Senior Management team, and monitor operating results versus budget for all programs and operations.
Education & Experience:
- Degree in accounting.
- CPA Preferred.
- 8 - 10 years of experience in financial/accounting management.
- Experience in health care financial management required.
- Experience with IRS 990.
- Experience with Form 5500.
- Experience in behavioral health field a plus.
- Quick Books
- Microsoft Office
- Advanced Excel Skills
- 403(a) & 403(b)
- Social Worker (LMSW or LCSW)
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
- Special Education Teacher (Masters in Teaching, NYS Teachers License with Certification in Children with Disabilities Ages 0-2nd grade)
- Occupational Therapist
- Physical Therapist
- Care Managers
- Speech Therapist
- Psychiatrist (MD, Board Eligible or Certified)
- Nurse Practitioner
- School Building Leader
In all positions, Spanish language proficiency is a beneficial skill. For all healthcare positions, individuals must be licensed to practice in New York State.