We are currently accepting applications for the position of Executive Director at our Manhattan office. For general job openings, please click here.
This is a multifaceted position centered on the full responsibility for the organization’s operations. He/she reports to the Board of Directors and works collaboratively with the Board of Directors to execute the organization’s strategic vision. The Board delegates responsibilities for management, administration, day to day operations and for the success of the organization. These responsibilities are carried out in accordance with the policies and directions established by the Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate should:
- Be mission driven, constituent, goal focused and passionate about ensuring high quality mental health and supportive services to a diverse population in need regardless of age or socio-economic status and is respectful of others beliefs and experiences.
- Possess strong management skills and has a solid understanding of operations including facilitation skills and emphasis on metrics and quality outcomes.
- Be a system, analytical thinker and problem solver who is a visionary and strategic leader with a style that is inclusive, collaborative and flexible
- Possess excellent written communications, presentation and listening skills
Be comfortable working with a wide range of partners in health care, the business community, elected officials and the community at-large
- Have experience with philanthropic fund development streams
LCSW, MA or Ph.D. from an accredited college or university in social work, psychology, counseling or a related degree in organizational development, non profit management or business administration. Five to seven years’ full-time experience in management, strategic planning, finance, marketing, fund development, community and staff relations, preferably in a licensed community behavioral health care setting. Excellent knowledge regarding compliance regulations at the Federal, State and City levels.
For more information and submission of resume, contact Patricia C. Jordan, Chairperson, at Pjordan@bowencsc.org.
- Social Worker (LMSW or LCSW)
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
- Special Education Teacher (Masters in Teaching, NYS Teachers License with Certification in Children with Disabilities Ages 0-2nd grade)
- Occupational Therapist
- Physical Therapist
- Care Managers
- Speech Therapist
- Psychiatrist (MD, Board Eligible or Certified)
- Nurse Practitioner
- School Building Leader
In all positions, Spanish language proficiency is a beneficial skill. For all healthcare positions, individuals must be licensed to practice in New York State.